Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2024, 07:17 AM

Wednesday 17th July 2024

Morning all. Lovely and sunny out this morning. Sea was sparkling again. Hope you all have a lovely day. Off to try and get hold of southern water as their chat thing isn't working. Happy Belated Birthday Gorden and Anniversary.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2024, 07:58 AM
Good morning Brenda pleased you have had a good walk

Belated birthday greetings to Gorden and for your anniversary Lynn

Good you were on the ball Kelly. I am having trouble with Barry and his memory you can tell him something three or four times and he says I haven't told him but of course there is nothing wrong with him so it must be me

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked, ironong done from yesterday's washing now coffee and a rest until I go to the hairdresser. Have someone coming to repair a window lock and put a new insert into one of the windows so have had to mark them and leave a note so that Barry knows what is to be done as they are here the same time as my hair appointment. I think Barry would have liked me to cancel my appointment but didn't say as much!

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2024, 08:54 AM
Sue they are always hard of hearing unless you are in another room whispering to someone.bg!! I have been to the shops and now back here.Very warm out. Just as I was nearing the railway track the barriers jingles went so I stopped but a stupid person ran under them and nearly got caught in them. The poor chaps doing something to a electrical box nearly had a heart attack. She very nearly got her hair caught in one of the barriers as it came down and had to duck. And she complained to the men. Oh well have a good day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2024, 09:26 AM
Good morning all

Just off to work, then home to hopefully an evening of sitting in the garden reading got a friend here this evening. So should be nice.

A cracking day it appears so far and wahsing on the line.

Griff What a nightmare can you or your mom not just open another account with him then close that one while he is still functioning okay?

Brenda What lovely words; Sea was sparkling again

Chris Havea good day and enjoy yourselves whatever you are doing. How is your daughter getting along these days?

Sue Notes are good. Happy hairdresser day, not long till your holiday now.

Lynn Happy belated anniversary and Happy Birthday to Gorden, have a great day today and your trip out sounds lovely.

Catch you all later off to work enjoy the day everyone.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-07-2024, 10:10 AM
sometimes it is better to be not hearing instead of listening to the non necessary ramblings of ones other half. For example If I ask Sue if she want a coffee the answer should be a short yes or no.
These are two words acompanied by a saga of nothing relevant about a friend of hers or something else like gettin a hair cut.
What has that got to do with getting a coffee for goodness sake.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2024, 10:55 AM
Kazz, I can't be on a bank account with anyone as their savings income would be taken into account with mine. There's not really any need, I will just get a power of attorney... will talk to my brother and explain, he isn't here so it's not him that's fighting the fires.
Sue, it started like that with my dad and then when he was tested, it became apparent there was an issue.
Barry, she just wants to share with you lol.
Brenda, hope you get your water sorted
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Good afternoon all

Beautiful morning here. Just nice weather

Eye just about back to normal (well, nearly)

Kazz, Karen is having so many meds these days I can't keep up. They keep sending her for scans, physio, pain management the works, but not much is helping

Kelly, when doing the POA, make sure you put you, your mum and your brother on there. It sort of future-proofs it. I wish I'd done that when I did it for Gary to save having to cancel it and start again

Belated happy birthday and anniversary Lynn and Gordon
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2024, 02:36 PM
Thank you Chris, I will do. I will have to try and broach the subject with my dad, I don't think he will have an issue with it as tbh, we could have emptied his bank account a million times over
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2024, 03:18 PM
Good afternoon brenda, Sue, Kazz, Barry, Chris and all to follow.
Apologies if anyone left off or in the wrong order.

Thank you all for the belated Birthday wishes and Anniversary wishes.
We had a nice day yesterday despite the wind and rain.
Today has been lovely, so we left early and popped into Ely then to see Mark for a chat not often we get the chance to chat to him on his own.
He is getting better but still not quite right.
Not sure if h is going back to work tomorrow or Friday.

Builders have been cracking on the side walls that weren't meant to happen till tomorrow and the new lintel is in place.
Such a nice bunch of fellas.

brenda how lovely the sea sparkling. Hope you got the water issue sorted.
griff wow, glad you seem to have it back under control.
Chis sorry to hear your daughter is still having ongoing problems. Wishing her well.
Kazz it was a lovely day despite the weather. I hope your day today was a good one.
Su I hope the day has been little less hectic.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2024, 07:25 PM
The ater got sorted out it was just a question of when will they be reading the meter again or have they done it already. And nope they haven't yet. I just need to keep an eye on how much I use so that my bill doens't go up. Money always worries me especuially now that I am on a very tight budget. I did see a place to buy today but have decided no as there are to many negatives. Margaret made it over and lets just say that it is a good job I am not seeing her for two weeks as she is away on holiday now. I love her to bits and have known her for over 20 years but I feel sometimes that I have to bite my tongue incase I say anything. Oh well have a good rest of the evening everyone. Catch up tomorrow.