Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2024, 06:02 AM

Sunday 8th September 2024

Morning all. Sounds like some had a good day and others not so. I was told that the building works over the back of me would not be done at weekends and yep they turned up and all I could here was beep beep as they reversed the digger etc. Fortunately they stopped at lunch time. It is raining here so will wait awhile and see about going for a wander. Have a good day everyone. I saw a fox again last evening going down the road. Maybe he is looking for the fantasy land.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2024, 08:46 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Hope you have managed go get a dry walk.

I like your thinking Kelly I expect the colour will give the neighbours something else to complain about but as long as you are not breaking any local laws nothing they can do about it.

Dull here and just starting to rain. Teazle walked so she is dry and I have put the washing on the airer. Just finished making the crumble topping for apple crumbles.

Last night Paul and I went to see the girls. Mother has as least realised that they are going to miss being able to go for sleep overs which is where Sarah was, and just going out snd knocking on a door to see if a friend can play. We will see how long it is before one asks to come back.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2024, 10:08 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Sunny then overcast so might not get the washing on the line as hoped.
Mince in the slow cooker for a cottage pie tonight and there will be enough for tomorrow, handy when we arrive in form picking up Freya from nursery. We usually get in about 7 pm, better than leaving at 7 am and getting in at 7 pm.
More gardening later if the rain holds off, Gorden is sorting the cars.

brenda glad you got a dry walk, and that is out of order disturbing your peace at the weekend.
We had this many years ago before Dogsey days and in the end I got the better of them but not without a fight.
A solicitor was on standby.
griff it seems annoying neighbours are everywhere, fie if they upset people but take no responsibility and moan if you do something even if not upsetting others.
Gorden and I call it entitlement syndrome.
Sue sad about the girls but I do wonder like you how long it will be before they ask to come back.
Chris hoping all is well with you and the family.
Kazz hoping the weather is nice for an allotment day if you're not working.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2024, 10:13 AM
Brenda, we have some foxes here, I have bought food for them but not put it out yet
Sue, can the nan not just move here?? I know there's all sorts of regulations but other people seem to find a way. My next door neighbours mum and dad are here from India on a 6 months visitor visa and I suspect they are going to stay
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2024, 10:17 AM
Yes Lynn, absolutely hit the nail on the head, entitled... she's worse than him tbf
Good idea getting dinner sorted for tomorrow, I keep telling Steve to put leftovers in the freezer to build up meals for when he is at work but he won't listen
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2024, 10:53 AM
Men rarely listen griff.

He next door is out in the rain singing and whistling and it's raining hard.
He had the police turn up yesterday twice now we're intrigued to know what it was all about.
Guess we will never know and he is still here as large as life.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2024, 11:44 AM
Good afternoon all

Went out this morning and it stayed dry for us.

Ted finished his antibiotics a couple of days ago and is back to normal. We didn't let him meet nose to nose with his friends though which he couldn't understand. While I think the infection has already done one, I want to be 100 percent sure because I would hate any other dogs got this nasty bug

I put the winter quilts back on the beds yesterday as the summer ones weren't quite cutting it. The summer ones went on late this year because summer came in very late.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Good afternoon everyone.

Quiet day yesterday all in all, slowly comng down in my steriods and giving myself/body time to catch up. Popped into Morrisons picked up some carnations and some "fesh" food for the week so all sorted. Made some lemon curd and also some blueberry muffins gave two of the lemon curd ones to the chap who owns the corner shop he gave me some nice apples from the tree a few weeks back. He is a nice chap. Trying the frozen blueberries this time.

This morning not a lot doing either no allotment as pouring down and felt like November really. Have painted the framework for the cupboard I have build in the porch/hall Gone for a sort of blue colour have a nice mirror in there so took it to work and got it colour matched. Just waiting for it to dry now. Then pop the doors on which are oak.....sounds an odd match but think it will be nice. Was debating on painting the radiator the same colour but have decied NO I will install a nice shelf instead either oak or painted. Then just the coving to go up and sorted. My brother phoned told him what I was doing and he said "why looked good to me" I agree it was not bad but sometimes you get an idea and run with it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2024, 11:53 AM
Glad everyone is having a good day. I feel for you all on the neighbour front and am blessed to have really good neighbours.

Sue Yes the girls will be old enough to decide for themsleves I imagine the freeedom/activities they have here is mroe then in Brazil.

Brenda Maybe the weather has held the workmen back on something hence a weekend visit.

Chris Glad all is going well on the convalescing front. Not sure the sort of thing Ted has had it stoppable imagine it will cary on doing the rounds but you can only do what you can do.

Griff Sounds like bussiness as normal in your end of the World. I do wonder if like you say that house attracts a certain type of personality.

Lynn Forward meal planning I like it. Glad all is good when do you think your family will be looking to move in your direction.

Have a good afternoon everyone catch you later off top finish my book.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2024, 01:25 PM
Chris glad to hear Ted is now better.
Kazz sorry rain stopped play at the allotment. The cupboard and shelf sound very nice.
Mark got in touch earlier to update.
The financial advisor he is using recommended by Bev and Colin and their son Arron has everything he needs now and will start looking to get them a mortgage in principal.
Once they have that they will be seriously house hunting and viewing, hopefully all going well they will be moved by the beginning of the year or at least Spring. I think by Christmas it will be unlikely, unless the house they buy is chain free then it might possibly happen.
That means Freya will be settled into a school local to where they buy hopefully by next September.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >