Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2024, 06:18 AM

Tuesday 27th August 2024

Morning all. Hope you all had a good day yesterday. Isn't it sad that those that were on here regularly aren't any more? My day yesterday was the usual. I expect it was the same for most people on their own. I met a lovely doglet yesterday called Charlie. Cockerpoo. He sat on my feet with his back to me and just gazed into my face as I fondled his ears. So lovely. I do miss not having a dog. The owner with him was looking at a tall tree and wondered what it was and I said a fig tree. He said he didn't think they grew over here and I said yep they do quite well. Had one in my garden when I had one. Anyway they went on their way as did I. Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2024, 09:58 AM
Good morning Brenda hop you have had a good walk.

Yes I agree I too miss the old days on here, we are now very thin on the ground.

Lovely morning here. Up early as car was being collected for a service so Teazle out early. Been to the library and sorted out a few bits a pieces

Take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2024, 02:59 PM
Good afternoon brenda, Sue and anyone to follow.
A busy couple of days, yesterday Mark, Lauren and Freya came round after doing a boot sale.
We had a lovely time and went over the park and then a walk around March looking in estate agent windows as they are in a position to buy a house and are looking this way.
Bit of a distance for Lauren but she is looking to change jobs and Mark a bit further but he could possibly use the train straight into Cambridge.

It would be nice to have them living closer.
Mark after speaking to him yesterday is really liking the new job very different a very different atmosphere one he has never come across in all his years in retail.
He no longer gets the texts when it's his day off or on holiday. and says it is all so relaxing and they have a laugh too.
He has never wanted to progress beyond the deputy manager before but he said here if he was given the opportunity to become a manager in one of these stores he would most likely take the job.
The customers are a varied bunch too.
We celebrated Mark and Lauren's Birthdays with them yesterday albeit it a bit early.

This morning we took Gorden's car to the mechanic it will stay there till Friday week when we will have returned from Pam's. It is having its brakes done and rear tyres and a possible brake fluid leak looked at.

brenda yes it is sad some of the old members have left the board.
Sue good news the fires are a long way away.
Kazz be careful with that painting. The programme about the dogs left me with mixed feelings.
The guy who said he hasn't got money to neuter or register his dogs well if you can't afford these things maybe you shouldn't have them.
What if health issues arose and a simple spay or neuter fixed it ?
Not sure if it was the same guy who says he is not going to muzzle etc. well that just makes me angry.
I agree with the woman who said it makes her sad to have to have her dog on a leash at all times when out and muzzled but she does it because she doesn't want to lose her dog.

There are lots of dog parks now you can hire just for your dog so it can have some off leash time some of them recently create in the wake of the rules coming into force.

Rant over.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2024, 06:48 PM
Good evening all

Been to work and yes I agree I miss the people as well as the vibrancy of the board and the postings. The old Catsey board went the same way indeed is the same way until A zz decides to close it.

Anyyhow onto brighter things, now 2/3rd of the way done with the kitchen ceiling and also branched into the hall the joys of painting all of a sudden everything looks like it needs a freshen up LOL

Brenda Sounds like a nice dog meet up, glad the walk went well.

Sue glad the fires are a distance away.

Lynn yes watched the show myself not sure it did much either way or even had a purpose or statement to make,. Seemed like a fly on the wall bit of a mix up really no ground broken or information at all.

Groups of un introduced random people travelling to motorway service station carparks and houses to swop dogs/pups in what seemed like the middle of the night.

To the Carla Lane sanctuary was almost like a add on where we saw snippets where the camera just appeared to pop in and out to see without explanations that lots and lots of XL bullies/types were being dumped handed in -majority of which were in terrible condition it seemed - makes you wonder how many of these dogs are kept in that condition?

Or were we seeing the thin edge of the XLBullie money making phase as the humans are now moving onto what Frenchies and OODLE crosses?

I am not sure it was "what I was expecting" but I imagine hard to get people to come on a tv screen wth some of the blacklash.

Glad your lad is totally enjoyig his job and moving nearer to you will be a good thing all around; whats the saying LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

Chris Had a lovely day I hope, how is your hubby getting on feeling a lot better now tummy wise?

Griff Happy days my friend.