Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 12:36 PM

B****y Kids

Yesterday we decided to go to the garden centre ,as always spending more than we should have ,we decided to go home ,as we turned into our turning,(its a dead-end)there were 2 children walking in the road so we slowed right down ,but they didnt move it was as if they were dareing us to do something as soon as we safly could we got past them (still in the road)and the boy gave us the most withering look i have ever seen in my life,as we pulled into our drive way he just stood there glaring ,we dcided to ignore him ,and just carreied on ,but it was a bit un-nerving and the more so as this boy was no more than about 12 i ahve a grandson of that age and i know my daughter would kill him if he behaved like that,but it makes you wonder what the next generation of kids are gonna be like ,not better thats for sure
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Frightening isnt it!

When i picked my son (5yrs old) up from school last week he was very upset as 2 older boys (7rs) had threatend to kill him!!! The teachers were not very interested and put it down to playground banter! - SHOCKING!!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 01:32 PM
What little treasures!

I went to a lecture on behaviour management once (during my brief foray into teaching), which started with a series of quotations regarding the younger generation. Of course they all said things along the lines of "No respect","We wouldn't have got away with that when I was a lad", and "Parents these days..."

Having discussed the generation gap for a bit, the lecturer revealed the authors of the lines, and they dated back to Aristotle, the Buddha and so on. The point was, that while you may perceive the generation below as a bunch of uncontrollable little f***ers, your parents generation and above undoubtedly thought the same about you. And I have every confidence that these kids will grow up to produce the same proportions of teachers, lawyers, nurses, drug-dealers and burglars as any other generation has since Aristotle grumbled about "Kids these days..."
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
Yesterday we decided to go to the garden centre ,as always spending more than we should have ,we decided to go home ,as we turned into our turning,(its a dead-end)there were 2 children walking in the road so we slowed right down ,but they didnt move it was as if they were dareing us to do something as soon as we safly could we got past them (still in the road)and the boy gave us the most withering look i have ever seen in my life,as we pulled into our drive way he just stood there glaring ,we dcided to ignore him ,and just carreied on ,but it was a bit un-nerving and the more so as this boy was no more than about 12 i ahve a grandson of that age and i know my daughter would kill him if he behaved like that,but it makes you wonder what the next generation of kids are gonna be like ,not better thats for sure
You ought to come and live here! It's an everyday occurrence - in fact, every journey.

Having said that, it's not usually the 12 year olds, it's the uni students.. the ones who apparently are dead intelligent

When I was at school (about 4 years ago now) my mum had to pick me up regularly when my leg was too bad to walk home, she could never get out of the school gates because of kids who just stood there giving the daring looks you mention.
She ended up running over one lads foot one day Well deserved in my opinion - a 17 year old should know better but not fun for me who had to go to school the next day...
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I think what you did is the best thing..just ignore them. It's hard to get that sort of unpleasantness out of your mind though isn't it. Hope it didn't spoil your day anyway.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 03:52 PM
We have some like that around here and I genuinely do not remember so many kids like that when I was that age. On Sunday two lads (about 10) walked down the road and exposed themselves. I know some really decent children who would never have done that.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 05:39 PM
It is very shocking, i just can't believe how they behave. it's very sad.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks for all your replys,i thought i was just getting old and paronoid

DUBOING in future i'll try to remember to blame it all on aristotle
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 09:01 PM
nah olly - I'm only 19 and I feel the same way as you!

It's amazing, when you beep at students crossing the road completly oblivious to the fact that you were already on the road and are about to knock them over if they don't shift, they just look at you completely gone out and walk as slowly as possible - let's hope they don't get too complacent otherwise they could end up the wheels of a less careful driver.

What never ceases to amaze me is they know that you won't run them over but they don't think about the traffic accidents they could cause by making you slam your brakes on
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Do those of you remember the day, you were sent home with a good telling off from the local bobby or even another parent. I wouldnt of dared tell my mum or dad I got wronged for doing wrong. Nowadays the kids know they have more 'rights' than adults.
There is no hope for the next generation.
And this is from an ex foster mum. me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >